In Everything Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away – -but it is.   I know that I have been “missing in action” recently – and wanted to share with you what has been happening the last year in my life!  And talk about 2018!

In November of 2016, we returned home from the All Things Silhouette Conference – to a broken water pipe & a house flooded with water!  I know that many of you have been through this, but long story short – -our main level and basement were disasters.   So, into the Homewood Suites we moved – and the water mitigation company packed up what was salvageable & put it in storage.  The rest went to the dump!   Then the insurance & restoration work  began!

Two months later, January of 2017 – -we were able to move back in!  It was great — new paint, new floors, some new furniture & appliances — looked like a new house!   However, before we were really able to unpack — only had the kitchen up and functioning – I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer.   Silhouette America has shared my story on their blog – so if you’d like to read more about it, you can here.  As you can imagine, its been a long journey – but I’m on the other side of most surgeries, chemo & radiation — so that is a good thing!

So, if you have been wondering why my blog posts have been few & far between (pretty much non-existent), this is why.   I’ve had a tremendous support system, and through everything – they helped me pull off the All Things Silhouette Conferences, even when I couldn’t attend earlier this month.

As we approach another Thanksgiving, and I look back on 2017 — believe me, there is a lot that I would have chosen to avoid.   But God’s Word tells me — “In Everything, Give Thanks”  (I Thess. 5:18)!   That’s not always easy to do – but with God’s grace – we can.    For me, there is a lot to be thankful for in 2017 — honestly, too much to list – but I’m going to hit some of the highlights!

• God has walked with me through each & every step of this journey!  He has always been just as close as calling out to Him.
  • My family – -who have loved me & cared for me unconditionally   (which includes 4 amazing grandsons & another little one on the way)
  • My friends – who have supported me and done so much!  From cooking meals to helping with ATS & more…
  • Insurance – both for the flood of 2016 and our Health insurance
  • An amazing team of doctors who have navigated my treatment plan & recovery with great skill
  • A church family that has been so supportive & helpful
  • A wonderful Silhouette community who have been there for me, prayed for me, sent cards & gifts — and so much more
  • God’s amazing Grace that has shown me how to face some of my worst fears…..

So, as I said – could go on and on as I look at all that I have to be thankful for.  Now, don’t get me wrong – there were days I complained, cried, whined & wanted to quit!    But today, as I’m busy preparing for Thanksgiving — I want to “Give Thanks!”    So, I am sharing a free cut file with you — that maybe you will be able to use – -and will hopefully serve as a reminder to give thanks in everything!  Just click on the image below to download the free Studio Cut File.

As I look forward to 2018, there are some exciting things planned!   I will continue with treatment & hopefully finish up in June!   As I am feeling stronger everyday, I plan on getting back to working on more events & retreats — along with more blog posts, tutorials and online classes!  So, be sure to stay tuned to the blog & watch for an exciting Silhouette year in 2018!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Hugs, Terri

Print Friendly

Comments

1. Terri,

I met you at the All Things Silhouette Conference 2015 and was totally impressed with you and your sweet husband, who effortlessly operates the booth and does things as you think of them. It was one of the best conferences I’ve ever attended because of your immense efforts. You are a force and a presence. Thank you for what you do and thank you for staying strong, even on days when strong was hardly an option.

2. May you and your family continue to be blessed each day. Praying for complete healing and no more cancer for you. Thank you for the impressions!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

3. Constance Sheehey says:

I’m very glad to hear you are on the mend, and feeling better! Thanks for all you do!

4. Debi Blanco says:

So happy you are felling better. Cancer is a mean thing. You have been in a battle and have survived!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

5. Terri, I am beyond grateful to hear that you are well and able to enjoy Thanksgiving with your family. We missed you at the conference! I’ll add a helping of gratitude for your marvelous Silhouette team. They were incredibly helpful, cheerful and supportive for your teaching team. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us in the coming year!

• Thanks for sharing, Shelly! I missed seeing everyone at the conference — but you are so right! They are an amazing team! I can definitely add them to my list of things I’m thankful for!

6. Frank Johnson says:

Honey,
    You are an amazing woman who has navigated this past year with strength and grace. It has not been easy and at times downright discouraging and depressing. But to borrow a phrase from our days in the Navy….”A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.”

The best days are yet to come. I love you.

Johnny

7. So glad to hear from you. To God be the glory. I will continue to pray for you.

8. Glenda Pryor says:

May God continue to keep you close to Him as you walk this journey. So happy to hear you are feeling strong and will be having such a Blessed Thanksgiving! Thank You for this blog and all you continue to do for us. Looking forward to what you have to share this coming year!

God Bless You!

9. Thank you for sharing. I am fairly new to following you and although you have not posted much this year, you have shown yourself to be a woman after God’s own heart. That in itself is inspiring.
    Rejoicing with you.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

10. Nicki Lundeen says:

I hope at some point in time I will be able to attend this ATS. The dates just have always been in conflict with something else going on (usually work). Eventually it will work out for me to attend. I look forward to someday meeting you in person. God’s blessing to you and praying for a rapid recovery. Hope you and your family have an amazing Thanksgiving!!!

11. Melody Coghlan says:

Wow! What an incredible journey you have had. And you have been given God’s grace to make it through this time! My heart goes out to you today and in the coming days as you keep the faith and move ahead. Every day is a gift, some days are not packaged as we would like, but let’s keep the faith together! Happy Thanksgiving!
    and God Bless you and yours.

12. Terri, so glad you treatment is going well, sorry you had to go through it again. Prayers for you and your family, Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Toni Hayes

13. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family, dear Terri. You are my rock and forever source of inspiration. Wishing you a blessed holiday season and good health in the coming year.

14. Sheila Lazarus says:

I missed the All Things Silhouette when you were in Long Beach, CA and I’m so bummed I didn’t go. I had just gotten my Silhouette and thought it would be over my head when it would actually have been a great learning experience. I just found out about your cancer and I’m so glad you have an amazing doctor and family for support. I pray that all goes well and you will be cancer free. Thank you so much for your great articles and inspiration.

15. Janice Hiser says:

Terri,
    I am so glad to hear you are doing better. You and Melissa were the reason I got my cameo because of all of the beautiful things you made. Unfortunately, I had to put my crafting on hold as I care for my mom who is battling heart failure, emphysema, and lung cancer. Like you, she is a fighter and I have no doubt that God is walking right beside us in this battle. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving together and may God bless you on your journey of fighting the cancer

• Janice — I am so sorry that your mom is going through all of this! It just can be a lot, sometimes! But how wonderful that you can be there for her. I pray that you & your family have a wonderful Christmas together!

16. Sharon Field says:

Thank you for sharing your story.Life is hard at times, but knowing it ALL is a part of God’s plan for us for the best makes it a little easier to deal with. I have been ill for about 3 years, had a multitude of tests with varying results, but was always told that what they found was not causing my problems(and there are many). Now it is on to another round of tests and I am not looking forward to it. Thank you for this wonderful file and your story as they remind us that if we have faith in the Lord, we are to give thanks in all things. May God bless you and your family.

17. Mame Johnston says:

Terri,

You’re an amazing testament to looking for rainbows after the rain! God has us and we need to just ask Him to give us the strength to carry on. He is so powerful and can move our ⛰ always. I look forward to one day meeting you at an event and hugging your neck. God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your littles.

18. Teresa Whitehead says:

May God, with the help of your awesome hubby, family, and doctors, continue your road to full recovery. May you continue to be blessed by God’s healing. Thank you for sharing this wonderful file as a reminder that we need to be thankful for everything in our lives. Hugs and prayers.

19. I am glad to hear you are doing well! Wishing you continued healing and recovery from cancer! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing this cut file 🙂

20. Terri,
    So happy to hear that you are feeling better and getting stronger each day. We serve a mighty and faithful God, and He walks with us through all our trials. Lifting you and your family up during this time of thanksgiving, praising God for your health and strength. Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your faith, courage and sharing of your walk through this journey.

21. You are a truly awesome lady Terri with all you do for others and for all that you have been through this past year! I’m not sure I could maintain it all but I guess in times like these we find the strength we didn’t know we had in us, right? I am so happy to know you from ATS and do hope to see you again in 2018. Thinking of you and your wonderful family this holiday season and hoping that it is a beautiful one. Catch you in 2018!

22. Thank you for the update. My mom has gone through breast cancer twice, too. (The 2nd time at the ripe age of 92.) I am amazed at the strength that she has shown through it all. I believe that God gives us exactly the right gifts (strength, perseverance, hope…etc.) that we need to face our battles. Best wishes to you as you continue to heal. And thank you for sharing your talents on your blog.

23. Pam Berzett says:

Thank you for sharing your life with us. You are an inspiration to so many and the Lord is always glorified through you. I have been to the three fall Silhouette conferences and sure missed your sweet, smiling face this year. I am thankful you are on the uphill swing and pray for total restoration of your health. Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless you and your family.

24. Terri thanks for sharing the free Thanksgiving cut file. Hope that you and yours are having a fabulous Thanksgiving.

I know that if it had not been for you putting on the ATS in June. I would not be nearly so far along with learning how to enjoy using my Silhouette Cameo 3 (which BTW I won in a door prize drawing) if I had not attended.

I combined part of your free file with part of Melissa’s free file and wore this shirt today on Thanksgiving. Wanted to to post a picture so you could see it but could not figure out how to do it so I will post it on SilhouetteU.
    🙏
    Thanks again,
    Barb

25. Barb Scharf says:

Thank you for posting this Terri. I have wondered where you’ve been and was concerned after your post about the conference earlier this month. When your post arrived I had just finished htv t-shirts for the daughters and grands for the holiday and was half way through putting vinyl on wine glasses, thinking of how grateful I am to have learned so much from you. I’m also about two years behind the curve with the buying and building and selling of homes and the move to NC! I’m sorry to hear all you’ve been through this year but grateful that you’re on the mend with so much love and support from your family and friends. Wishing you continued blessings. Can’t wait to see posting of grand baby #5!

• Thanks, Barb — So glad that you are enjoying making things for your grand children! And I so appreciate your support! I enjoying seeing your Facebook posts from NC! Enjoy & have a wonderful Christmas!